Friday, August 10, 2007

Introducing Max!

It's my pleasure to introduce...

Maxwell Austin Furberg
August 3, 2007
7 lbs, 8 oz
21 inches








Max is happy, healthy, 10 fingers and toes etc. and an absolute
miniature version of his daddy.  You can see from the photos that my
genes haven't managed to show up in his physical appearance at all. :)

However, Max does seem to have inherited my sense of urgency and
fondness for schedules.  Once he decided it was time to make his big
appearance, he wasted no time in showing up. My labor was less than 8
hours - the average labor is about 20 hours!  As it turned out, we
barely made it to the hospital on time.  (For those of you who've been
through this: when we arrived at Cedars I was already 10 centimeters
and  plus one!) They actually had to give me drugs to slow things down
long enough for the doctor to actually get to me. And, yes, I did
eventually succumb to the temptation of an epidural, despite my desire
to have a completely "natural" childbirth . I'm forever grateful to
the good doctors with the pain drugs. :)

Max  arrived 2 weeks early by the doctor's estimates, but precisely on
time when we calculated based on date of conception (thanks to
Jennifer Schwartz for helping us figure that out!) Needless to say, he
caught us a little off guard, but I guess we really should have known
better than to expect my son to dawdle in his arrival.

A super-fast labor has its benefits and drawbacks - it was over
quickly but it was pretty brutal.  I've spent most of the time since
he was born recovering, and it's been a little rocky: a lot of pain
and a 102 degree fever has made this a rough first week. However, the
fever broke this weekend and I'm clearly on the mend, so things are
looking up.

Thanks to all of you for your concern & kind messages.  Our new little
family is doing great, and couldn't be more excited by the addition of
Baby Max.  I'll be in touch again soon with more photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home